Making my own multi-purpose spray is one of my favourite ways to use our Vitruvi essential oils. Each Saturday morning I make a different version of this countertop spray for my kitchen. I change the scent and blend seasonally or whenever I want a fun reason to freshen up my house. This has really become a Saturday ritual for me and something I look forward to in starting the weekend fresh. It doesn’t need to be complicated or over thought and I just re-use the same multi-purpose spray container each week (and sometimes don’t even rinse it out before blending my new spray!).
This past week my multi-purpose week was the following:
- 10 drops of Spruce Essential Oil
- 15 drops of Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 15 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
What you’ll need:
- Essential oils of your choosing (the recipe above is our current favourite)
- Medium Sized spray container (we buy ours from the Soap Dispensary in Vancouver)
- 1 tablespoon of white Vinegar
Step One: Fill your spray bottle up with water ( we usually leave about two inches from the top)
Step Two: Add one Tablespoon of white vinegar
Step Three: Add your essential oils ( we like to use 45-60 drops of essential oils).
Screw the top to your spray bottle back on and you are ready to go! Use this to wipe down your counter, stove, fridge or anywhere you want to freshen up like the surface of your cupboard or for disinfecting light switches during cold and flu season.